HONOLULU (KHNL) -- In Leeward Oahu, fire crews were called out to the Ihilani Resort after thick smoke was seen coming out of the top of the building just before 5:30 Sunday afternoon.
About 375 people were evacuated from the building as a precaution.
Fire officials say the smoke was coming out of one of the ducts, which was ignited by wood burning in the restaurant.
"There was a fire in the duct that caused smoke to come out and from the roof. It was very visible smoke showing all the way to the freeway people were calling in", said Honolulu Fire Department Spokesperson Capt. Terry Seelig.
The fire was extinguished at about 6:30 Sunday evening.
No one was injured in the fire.