HONOLULU (HawaiiNewsNow) - In advance of potential impacts from Hurricane Lane, closures and and cancellations are taking place across the state.
Here's the latest:
- All public and public charter schools in Hawaii will be closed Thursday and Friday.
- Kamehameha Schools-Kapalama will close starting Thursday.
- Most private schools and private child care settings on Oahu, Maui, and the Big Island are closed Thursday and Friday. Check with your school's administration.
- All University of Hawaii campuses on Oahu and Kauai will be closed starting Thursday, while UH campuses on the Big Island, Maui and Molokai are closed until further notice.
- After-school activities on and after Wednesday are canceled.
- OIA sporting events for the rest of the week are also canceled. Click here for more.
County, State, National Parks
- All state offices will be closed starting Thursday. Non-essential employees should not report to work.
- Haleakala National Park set to close Wednesday at 4 p.m. Closure will last Thursday and Friday.
- Overnight camping at state parks across the island chain, except Kauai, will not be allowed starting Wednesday.
- Thursday, all state parks with the exception of those on Kauai will be closed to the public.
- Tours to USS Arizona Memorial suspended.
- World War II Valor in the Pacific National Monument, Pearl Harbor Visitor Center closed as of noon Wednesday.
- The Battleship Missouri Memorial will be closed starting Thursday
- Hawaii Island: All beach parks, from South Point north to Kohala closed until further notice.
- Puuhonua o Honaunau and Kaloko-Honokohau National Historical Parks will be closed Wednesday and Thursday. Park managers will assess conditions on Friday.
- Kilauea Point National Wildlife Refuge will be closed to the public Friday and Saturday
- Kealia Pond National Wildlife Refuge Visitor Center and the Kealia Coastal Boardwalk will close on Wednesday and Thursday
- The National Memorial Cemetery of the Pacific, or Punchbowl, will be closed Friday and Saturday
- All public parks and golf courses on Oahu will be closed starting Thursday. This includes botanical gardens, camping sites and the Koko Head Shooting Complex.
- The Honolulu Zoo will also be closed starting Thursday
- TheBus will run on a regular weekday schedule on Thursday until 6 p.m. After that, evacuation routes -- displaying "Evacuation" -- will be provided to shelters on demand.
- All public libraries on the Big Island and Maui are closed Wednesday through Friday. All public libraries on Oahu and Kauai Counties are closed Thursday and Friday. All library programs will be canceled through Sunday.
- Closure for Waimea Valley on Oahu's North Shore begins Thursday.
- Sea Life Park closed, Thursday.
- Hawaiian Airlines is offering waivers for travelers who want to change their flight reservations. Details here.
- Other airlines like United Air and Delta are offering similar waivers. Additional info here.
- Young Brothers has canceled sailings out of Honolulu from Wednesday through Saturday.
- Hawaii Island: South Point Road from Kamaoa Road junction to South Point is closed to all traffic.
- Bayfront Highway in Hilo closed Wednesday night due to flooding.
- Maui County, Hawaii Island courts closed Wednesday through Friday.
- Henry Kapono and Friends concert at the Waikiki Shell rescheduled to Sept. 15 at the Waikiki Shell and Sept.16 on Maui.
- The Y. Hata & Co., Ltd. Big Island food show at Mauna Lani Bay Resort, canceled.
- The Greek Festival — originally scheduled for Aug. 25 and 26 — has been postponed.
- Duke's OceanFest events will wrap up on Wednesday.
- Bank of Hawaii is temporarily closing all West Hawaii Island branches starting noon Wednesday until further notice. All East Hawaii Island branches will remain open. Bank of Hawaii is assessing the status for the other islands.
- First Hawaiian Bank locations on Hawaii Island, Maui, Lanai and Oahu to close Thursday. Branches on Kauai will close Friday.
- Iolani Palace cancels tours from Aug. 23 until Aug. 26. Guests with reservations will be refunded their money.
- United States Postal Service has altered mail delivery and pick up operations. Click here for details.
- Lanakila Pacific will be closed Thursday through Friday.
- Bishop Museum closed Friday and Saturday.
- Zippy's will close all restaurants statewide. Click for info.
- No trash pick up on Oahu Friday and Saturday. The last day bulky items will be picked up is Thursday.
- Maui trash pick up normally scheduled for Thursday will take place Saturday.
- Servco Pacific on Oahu and Maui closing Thursday.
- Consolidated Theatres: Kauhului closed Aug. 22 to Aug. 24. Oahu locations Aug. 23 to Aug. 24.
- Kihei 4th Friday event at the Azkeka Shopping Center Mauka, canceled.
For the latest updates on Hurricane Lane, click here.
Be sure to download the Hawaii News Now news and weather apps for the latest on the severe weather.
This story will be updated with new closures as they happen.