E-cigarette sparks fire on Hawaiian Airlines flight to Maui
HONOLULU (HawaiiNewsNow) - An e-cigarette sparked a fire on a Hawaii Airlines flight from Oahu to Maui, Tuesday evening.
Maui police say the fire started in the baggage area. The pilot was able to put it out with a fire extinguisher and land the plane safely.
Investigators later found that the fire started from an e-cigarette that was stored in a checked bag. Authorities tracked down the owner of e-cigarette who admitted to storing it in his checked bag, which violates Federal DOT rules.
No charges were filed against the passenger.
Copyright 2016 Hawaii News Now. All rights reserved.