Good morning, Jodie Tanga here with your Mortgage Minute. Today's topic, Going Deeper with Your Credit Score - Part 1.
Here is how your credit score is calculated, in order of importance:
• Your payment history—do you have any recent delinquencies, and how many.
• The ratio of balances on revolving debts to your credit limits.
• Length of your credit history.
• Number of recent inquiries .
• Mix of credit—credit cards, auto loans, and mortgages.
Your stats are then compared to millions of other people, and you are given a score between 300 and 850. The higher the number the lower the cost for a given interest rate.
For your free credit report, go to annualcreditreport.com. To learn more about your credit score, click here for our 2nd part of Going Deeper with Your Credit Score.
For more information on your credit score, call us at the Tanga Mortgage Team powered by Pacific Rim Mortgage at (808) 223-2761 or visit us on the web at www.pacrimmtg.com.