9 homeless, 2 seriously injured in Kaneohe house fire

Published: May. 24, 2013 at 3:13 PM HST|Updated: May. 25, 2013 at 2:40 AM HST
Email This Link
Share on Pinterest
Share on LinkedIn

KANEOHE, OAHU (HawaiiNewsNow) - Two people are hospitalized and nine are homeless following a house fire in Kaneohe Friday.

The fire in a three-bedroom home on Aeloa Street started shortly before 9:10 a.m. When crews arrived just minutes later, the single-story home was already heavily damaged.

Emergency Medical Services transported two people to the hospital, a man in his late 30s and a woman in her late 50s for smoke related issues. Both are in serious condition.  EMS officials say three children - ages one, five and eight - were treated at the scene, but did not need to be taken to the hospital.

Everyone was home when the fire began, and The Red Cross is assisting the family. There is no word yet on a cause.

Copyright 2013 Hawaii News Now. All rights reserved.