Fire burns boiler at Sand Island biofuel facility
HONOLULU (HawaiiNewsNow) - An excess of fuel inside of a boiler is to blame for a stubborn fire that burned early Monday morning at the Pacific Biodiesel facility on Sand Island, according to sources at the scene.
Firefighters reportedly responded to reports of a fire at the plant, which is located on Makepono Street, just before 3 a.m. and were able to contain the flames within about 10 minutes.
Authorities now believe that a malfunctioning fuel system inside one of the boilers allowed the buildup to occur, which later ignited and caused the fire.
No injuries were reported during the incident.
Copyright 2013 Hawaii News Now. All rights reserved.