Colt Brennan released from hospital

HONOLULU (HawaiiNewsNow) - Former University of Hawaii Quarterback, Colt Brennan, got great news Saturday. Medical authorities released the football star from Queen's hospital in Honolulu, Hawaii.

Brennan has been recovering from a car accident, and had this to say: "It is with heavy heart that I am able to leave the hospital today, as my prayers and thoughts remain with Theresa Wang and her family. I am so grateful for all of the support I received over the past week. I am also relieved that Shakti is close to a full recovery. I ask that the same support I received be directed to Ms. Wang as she recovers from this unfortunate accident."

He continued, "I thank God to be alive today, and am thankful to everyone who played a role in providing medical attention to each of us. The EMTs, everyone at Kona Community Hospital and Queens Medical Center, were simply amazing. They saved my life. I am thankful to my family and friends that stood by my side and prayed for my recovery. I am thankful to everyone who was concerned for me, especially the people of Hawaii and the UH Football community. Your spirit is my strength.

"I will return with my parents to Orange County to continue treatment for my injuries. I am determined to make a complete recovery, and my desire to continue playing football burns stronger than ever."

The accident happened on November 19th at about 9:30 in the morning on Queen Kaahumanu Highway in North Kona. Brennan was the passenger in an SUV, driven by his longtime girlfriend, Shakti Stream.

Police say Stream crossed the center line, colliding into another car, driven by Theresa Wang. The cause of the crash is still under investigation. It is unknown if speed, alcohol, or drugs were factors.

Brennan, Stream, and Wang were taken to North Kona Community Hospital.

Wang and Brennan were then transported to Queen's hospital on Oahu. Wang remains in the hospital in serious condition.

Copyright 2010 Hawaii News Now. All rights reserved.