(KHNL) - If you would like to have a free makeover from an experienced professional team of stylists, please apply now! (Valued at $200 for haircut, blow dry, and style; and makeup application. More value if he colors your hair.)
Write to KHNL to email@example.com and tell us your compelling story. Are you celebrating something special? Did you just overcome a big hurdle? Are you trying to find a new job? Do you just need a new look? Tell us about it in 100 words or less!
This is not limited to women. Teens getting ready for a big event (birthday, prom, etc.) are welcome to apply. So are men, though you really have to have a lot going on to show a difference for men (shave off beard, color entire hair, cut off ponytail, etc.)
Your first and last name as you would like it on tv;
Your contact information (cell phone, land line, work phone, and/ or e mail - and which is the best way to reach you);
A clear, good, recent headshot of yourself with no makeup and hairstyling (just to give us and the stylist an idea of what you look like.)
Really think about this now! Make sure you can say yes to the following:
- Can you wake up early enough to be at the station by 5:25 IN THE MORNING?
- Can your vanity handle going on live television with no makeup and unstyled hair? When we introduce you to the viewers, we want to see the "before" you, not the made up you.
- Are you willing to do something mildly different to your look? Cut 4 inches off, change the color, straighten it on tv, etc? We do want to see some kind of change, even if small.
- Are you able to answer a couple of questions on live television? They're really simple, we can rehearse it the day before on the telephone, and I have found that most people can do it even if they say they're nervous. If you are unsure, let's talk. I don't want to lose a good guest for what is unfounded fears.
- Are you ok with an unpaid gig? You get the makeover free, though.
- Will you have time to visit the salon the week before to meet the stylist and get some prep work done to yourself (like a color), if he wants that? Salon 808 is at 1585 Kapiolani Blvd #710, in the Ala Moana Pacific Center. (808) 942-7799 main/ 946-6900 Ryan's station
If you can answer yes to all those questions, please apply!
Diane, the producers, and Ryan (the stylist from Salon 808) will go over the applications each week and pick a winner. We'll contact that person 3 weeks ahead of time to give Ryan enough time to prep the person and for you to fit it your schedule. So make sure we know how to contact you!