Justin Herbert vs. Kirk Cousins in Week 3: Chargers vs. Vikings Preview, Stats
With the Minnesota Vikings (0-2) and the Los Angeles Chargers (0-2) squaring off on September 24 at U.S. Bank Stadium, Kirk Cousins and Justin Herbert will go toe to toe at the quarterback position. We analyze the two signal callers below, diving into the numbers and trends that will impact this matchup.
Chargers vs. Vikings Game Info
- Game Date: Sunday, September 24, 2023
- Time: 1:00 PM ET
- Venue: U.S. Bank Stadium
- Location: Minneapolis, Minnesota
- TV: FOX
- Live Stream: Watch this game on Fubo!
Want to rep Herbert this season? Head to Fanatics to find jerseys, shirts, and much more.
Justin Herbert vs. Kirk Cousins Matchup
|Justin Herbert||2022 Stats||Kirk Cousins|
|4,739 (278.8)||Passing Yards (Per Game)||4,547 (267.5)|
|147 (8.6)||Rushing Yards (Per game)||97 (5.7)|
Sportsbook Promo Codes
|BetMGM||GNPLAY1||First Bet Offer: Up to $1500 Back in Bonus Bets|
|Caesars||Click Here||New Users: Bet $50 Get $250|
|FanDuel||Click Here||Bet $5 Get $200 in Bonus Bets|
|PointsBet||Click Here||2x Second Chance Bets Up To $2,000|
Other Matchup Previews
- Click here for Jordan Love vs. Derek Carr in Week 3
- Click here for Sam Howell vs. Josh Allen in Week 3
- Click here for Kenny Pickett vs. Jimmy Garoppolo in Week 3
- Click here for Patrick Mahomes II vs. Justin Fields in Week 3
- Click here for Jalen Hurts vs. Baker Mayfield in Week 3
Vikings Defensive Stats
- The Vikings' scoring defense struggled last season, as it ranked 28th in the league with 427 points allowed (25.1 per game).
- When it came to defending the pass, Minnesota was one of the bottom defenses in the league, giving up the second-most pass yards in the NFL (265.6 per game). Meanwhile, it ranked 14th with 23 passing touchdowns allowed.
- Against the run, the Vikings were middle-of-the-road last year, ranking 20th in the NFL in rushing yards allowed with 2,093 (123.1 per game).
- Defensively, Minnesota ranked 11th in the NFL in third-down efficiency allowed at 38.1%. In red-zone percentage allowed, it was 21st (57.1%).
Who comes out on top when the Vikings and the Chargers square off? Use our link to sign up at BetMGM for a first-time deposit bonus and place your bets today!
Chargers Defensive Stats
- Last year, the Chargers ranked 21st in the NFL in points allowed (22.6 per game) and 20th in total yards allowed (346.1 per game).
- When it came to defending the pass, Los Angeles' defense was very effective last season, as it ranked seventh in the league with 3,406 total passing yards allowed (200.4 per game).
- Against the run, the Chargers' defense struggled last season, as it ranked 28th in the league with 2,478 rushing yards allowed (145.8 per game).
- On defense, Los Angeles ranked 17th in the NFL in third-down efficiency allowed at 39.2%. In red-zone efficiency allowed, it ranked 11th at 52.1%.
Not all offers available in all states, please visit BetMGM for the latest promotions for your area. Must be 21+ to gamble, please wager responsibly. If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, contact 1-800-GAMBLER.
© 2023 Data Skrive. All rights reserved.