Maryland vs. Notre Dame Women's Basketball Predictions & Picks - NCAA Tournament Sweet 16
Published: Mar. 19, 2023 at 9:39 PM HST|Updated: Mar. 24, 2023 at 9:38 PM HST
Saturday's game between the Notre Dame Fighting Irish (27-5) and Maryland Terrapins (27-6) matching up at Bon Secours Wellness Arena has a projected final score of 71-69 (according to our computer prediction) in favor of Notre Dame, so it should be a competitive matchup. The game will start at 11:30 AM ET on March 25.
In their last game on Sunday, the Terrapins earned a 77-64 victory against Arizona.
Maryland vs. Notre Dame Game Info
- When: Saturday, March 25, 2023 at 11:30 AM ET
- Where: Bon Secours Wellness Arena in Greenville, South Carolina
Use this link to get a free trial of fuboTV, where you can watch every women's tournament game and other live sports without cable!
Maryland vs. Notre Dame Score Prediction
- Prediction: Notre Dame 71, Maryland 70
Maryland Schedule Analysis
- In their signature win of the season, the Terrapins beat the No. 3 Iowa Hawkeyes, 96-68, on February 21.
- The Terrapins have tied for the seventh-most Quadrant 1 victories in the nation (11).
- When facing Quadrant 2 opponents, Maryland is 4-2 (.667%) -- tied for the 50th-most wins.
- Against Quadrant 3 opponents, the Terrapins are 9-0 (1.000%) -- tied for the 16th-most wins.
Maryland 2022-23 Best Wins
- 96-68 at home over Iowa (No. 3/AP Poll) on February 21
- 85-78 at home over UConn (No. 6/AP Poll) on December 11
- 74-72 on the road over Notre Dame (No. 10/AP Poll) on December 1
- 76-74 on the road over Ohio State (No. 12/AP Poll) on February 24
- 90-54 at home over Ohio State (No. 12/AP Poll) on February 5
Notre Dame Schedule Analysis
- The Fighting Irish's signature victory this season came against the Virginia Tech Hokies, a squad ranked inside the AP's Top 25 (No. 4). The Fighting Irish took home the 63-52 win on the road on December 18.
- The Fighting Irish have tied for the 14th-most Quadrant 1 victories in the nation (nine).
- Notre Dame has six wins against Quadrant 2 teams, tied for the 26th-most in Division 1.
- The Terrapins have the most Quadrant 3 wins in the nation according to the RPI (nine).
Notre Dame 2022-23 Best Wins
- 63-52 on the road over Virginia Tech (No. 4/AP Poll) on December 18
- 74-60 at home over UConn (No. 6/AP Poll) on December 4
- 68-65 on the road over Louisville (No. 17) on February 26
- 78-76 at home over Louisville (No. 17) on February 16
- 66-60 over NC State (No. 25) on March 3
Watch college hoops all season on all your devices without cable with a seven-day free trial on fuboTV!
Maryland Performance Insights
- The Terrapins have a +358 scoring differential, topping opponents by 10.9 points per game. They're putting up 79.4 points per game to rank ninth in college basketball and are giving up 68.5 per contest to rank 282nd in college basketball.
- Maryland's offense has been more productive in Big Ten games this year, posting 80.0 points per contest, compared to its overall average of 79.4 PPG.
- The Terrapins average 82.6 points per game when playing at home, compared to 76 points per game on the road, a difference of 6.6 points per contest.
- Maryland is giving up 70.1 points per game in home games. Away from home, it is allowing 65.7.
- In their last 10 games, the Terrapins have been racking up 81.6 points per game, an average that's slightly higher than the 79.4 they've scored over the course of the 2022-23 season.
Notre Dame Performance Insights
- The Fighting Irish's +511 scoring differential (outscoring opponents by 15.9 points per game) is a result of putting up 74.3 points per game (37th in college basketball) while allowing 58.4 per outing (42nd in college basketball).
- Notre Dame scores fewer points in conference play (70.1 per game) than overall (74.3).
- The Fighting Irish average 77.8 points per game at home, and 68.8 on the road.
- Notre Dame is conceding fewer points at home (56.2 per game) than away (57.9).
- The Fighting Irish have played worse offensively in their past 10 games, scoring 68.6 points per contest, 5.7 fewer points their than season average of 74.3.
© 2023 Data Skrive. All rights reserved.