Tennessee vs. Saint Louis Women's Basketball Predictions & Picks - NCAA Tournament First Round
Published: Mar. 15, 2023 at 9:38 PM HST|Updated: Mar. 18, 2023 at 5:39 AM HST
Saturday's game at Thompson-Boling Arena has the Tennessee Lady Volunteers (23-11) going head to head against the Saint Louis Billikens (17-17) at 1:00 PM ET (on March 18). Our computer prediction projects a lopsided 81-60 victory as our model heavily favors Tennessee.
The Lady Volunteers head into this contest following a 74-58 loss to South Carolina on Sunday.
Tennessee vs. Saint Louis Game Info
- When: Saturday, March 18, 2023 at 1:00 PM ET
- Where: Thompson-Boling Arena in Knoxville, Tennessee
- How to Watch on TV: ABC
Use this link to get a free trial of fuboTV, where you can watch college hoops and other live sports without cable!
Tennessee vs. Saint Louis Score Prediction
- Prediction: Tennessee 81, Saint Louis 60
Tennessee Schedule Analysis
- When the Lady Volunteers beat the LSU Lady Tigers (No. 9 in the AP's Top 25) on March 4 by a score of 69-67, it was their signature win of the season thus far.
- The Lady Volunteers have tied for the 27th-most Quadrant 1 wins in the country (five), but also have tied for the 13th-most Quadrant 1 defeats (11).
- Tennessee has tied for the second-most Quadrant 2 victories in the nation (nine).
Tennessee 2022-23 Best Wins
- 69-67 over LSU (No. 9/AP Poll) on March 4
- 65-51 at home over Ole Miss (No. 19) on February 2
- 69-51 at home over Colorado (No. 21/AP Poll) on November 25
- 68-55 at home over Georgia (No. 33) on January 15
- 80-69 at home over Mississippi State (No. 36) on January 5
Saint Louis Schedule Analysis
- The Billikens picked up their signature win of the season on March 5 by registering a 91-85 victory over the UMass Minutewomen, a top 50 team in our computer rankings.
- Saint Louis has six losses versus Quadrant 2 teams, tied for the 20th-most in the nation.
- According to the RPI, the Lady Volunteers have five wins over Quadrant 3 teams, tied for the 90th-most in the nation.
Saint Louis 2022-23 Best Wins
- 91-85 over UMass (No. 48) on March 5
- 77-75 at home over UMass (No. 48) on February 22
- 59-56 over Rhode Island (No. 74) on March 4
- 75-65 at home over Illinois State (No. 81) on December 3
- 87-84 at home over Fordham (No. 92) on January 28
Watch college hoops all season on all your devices without cable with a seven-day free trial on fuboTV!
Tennessee Performance Insights
- The Lady Volunteers outscore opponents by 9.6 points per game (scoring 76.4 points per game to rank 25th in college basketball while giving up 66.8 per contest to rank 241st in college basketball) and have a +329 scoring differential overall.
- Tennessee is scoring 76.5 points per game this year in conference games, which is 0.1 more points per game than its season average (76.4).
- Offensively, the Lady Volunteers have performed better in home games this season, averaging 77.7 points per game, compared to 76.4 per game away from home.
- Tennessee cedes 63.2 points per game when playing at home this year, compared to 71.4 when playing on the road.
- On offense, the Lady Volunteers have struggled over their last 10 games, scoring 76.1 points per contest over that stretch compared to the 76.4 they've racked up over the course of this season.
Saint Louis Performance Insights
- The Billikens score 69.6 points per game (93rd in college basketball) and give up 69.7 (306th in college basketball) for a -2 scoring differential overall.
- Saint Louis has averaged 1.5 more points in A-10 games (71.1) than overall (69.6).
- At home, the Billikens average 74.1 points per game. On the road, they average 65.6.
- At home Saint Louis is giving up 66.1 points per game, 7.5 fewer points than it is away (73.6).
- The Billikens are posting 73.2 points per game in their last 10 games, which is 3.6 more than their average for the season (69.6).
© 2023 Data Skrive. All rights reserved.