Oklahoma vs. Portland Women's Basketball Predictions & Picks - NCAA Tournament First Round
Published: Mar. 13, 2023 at 1:41 PM HST|Updated: Mar. 18, 2023 at 1:38 PM HST
Saturday's game between the Oklahoma Sooners (25-6) and the Portland Pilots (23-8) at Pauley Pavilion has a projected final score of 77-69 based on our computer prediction, with a favored Oklahoma squad taking home the win. Tipoff is at 9:00 PM ET on March 18.
Last time out, the Sooners lost 82-72 to Iowa State on Saturday.
Oklahoma vs. Portland Game Info
- When: Saturday, March 18, 2023 at 9:00 PM ET
- Where: Pauley Pavilion in Los Angeles, California
- How to Watch on TV: ESPNU
Use this link to get a free trial of fuboTV, where you can watch college hoops and other live sports without cable!
Oklahoma vs. Portland Score Prediction
- Prediction: Oklahoma 77, Portland 69
Oklahoma Schedule Analysis
- The Sooners' best win of the season came in an 82-79 victory versus the No. 17 Iowa State Cyclones on January 8.
- When facing Quadrant 1 teams, the Sooners are 7-5 (.583%) -- tied for the 19th-most wins.
- Oklahoma has six wins against Quadrant 2 teams, tied for the 21st-most in the country.
Oklahoma 2022-23 Best Wins
- 82-79 at home over Iowa State (No. 17/AP Poll) on January 8
- 69-59 at home over Ole Miss (No. 19) on December 4
- 98-92 on the road over Baylor (No. 36) on February 7
- 80-74 at home over Kansas (No. 39) on January 14
- 86-80 on the road over Kansas (No. 39) on February 19
Portland Schedule Analysis
- On March 7, the Pilots registered their best win of the season, a 64-60 victory over the Gonzaga Bulldogs, who rank No. 19 in the AP's Top 25.
- Portland has four wins against Quadrant 2 teams, tied for the 46th-most in the country.
Portland 2022-23 Best Wins
- 64-60 over Gonzaga (No. 19/AP Poll) on March 7
- 66-60 over Houston (No. 71) on November 24
- 67-45 at home over BYU (No. 102) on December 19
- 61-49 on the road over BYU (No. 102) on February 27
- 84-81 at home over San Diego (No. 114) on December 17
Watch college hoops all season on all your devices without cable with a seven-day free trial on fuboTV!
Oklahoma Performance Insights
- The Sooners have a +275 scoring differential, topping opponents by 8.9 points per game. They're putting up 84.5 points per game to rank second in college basketball and are allowing 75.6 per outing to rank 353rd in college basketball.
- With 83.7 points per game in Big 12 tilts, Oklahoma is scoring 0.8 fewer points per game in conference games compared to its season average (84.5 PPG).
- The Sooners score 84.7 points per game in home games, compared to 84.6 points per game in away games, a difference of 0.1 points per contest.
- Oklahoma is ceding 71.3 points per game this year in home games, which is 8.5 fewer points than it is allowing away from home (79.8).
- The Sooners have seen a decrease in scoring lately, putting up 81.0 points per game in their last 10 contests, 3.5 points fewer than the 84.5 they've scored this season.
Portland Performance Insights
- The Pilots' +232 scoring differential (outscoring opponents by 7.5 points per game) is a result of putting up 69.5 points per game (93rd in college basketball) while giving up 62.0 per contest (111th in college basketball).
- Portland has averaged 1.2 more points in WCC action (70.7) than overall (69.5).
- In 2022-23 the Pilots are scoring 3.1 more points per game at home (71.1) than away (68.0).
- At home, Portland concedes 58.7 points per game. On the road, it allows 67.4.
- In their previous 10 games, the Pilots are putting up 66.6 points per game, compared to their season average of 69.5.
© 2023 Data Skrive. All rights reserved.