Baylor vs. Alabama Women's Basketball Predictions & Picks - NCAA Tournament First Round
Published: Mar. 15, 2023 at 9:41 PM HST|Updated: Mar. 18, 2023 at 5:40 AM HST
Saturday's contest features the Baylor Bears (19-12) and the Alabama Crimson Tide (20-10) facing off at Harry A. Gampel Pavilion in what is expected to be a tight matchup, with a projected 67-65 win for Baylor according to our computer prediction. Game time is at 5:30 PM ET on March 18.
The Bears enter this contest following a 74-63 loss to Iowa State on Friday.
Baylor vs. Alabama Game Info
- When: Saturday, March 18, 2023 at 5:30 PM ET
- Where: Harry A. Gampel Pavilion in Storrs, Connecticut
- How to Watch on TV: ESPN2
Use this link to get a free trial of fuboTV, where you can watch college hoops and other live sports without cable!
Baylor vs. Alabama Score Prediction
- Prediction: Baylor 67, Alabama 66
Baylor Schedule Analysis
- The Bears' best victory this season came against the Villanova Wildcats, a team ranked inside the AP's Top 25 (No. 10). The Bears secured the 75-70 win at a neutral site on November 26.
- The Bears have five Quadrant 1 wins, tied for the 27th-most in the nation. But they also have 10 Quadrant 1 losses, tied for the 23rd-most.
Baylor 2022-23 Best Wins
- 75-70 over Villanova (No. 10/AP Poll) on November 26
- 63-54 on the road over Texas (No. 15/AP Poll) on February 27
- 76-70 on the road over Iowa State (No. 17/AP Poll) on February 4
- 81-70 on the road over Oklahoma (No. 16/AP Poll) on January 3
- 77-73 at home over Kansas (No. 39) on February 1
Alabama Schedule Analysis
- The Crimson Tide notched their signature win of the season on January 15 by claiming a 63-58 victory over the Ole Miss Rebels, a top 50 team in our computer rankings.
- When facing Quadrant 1 teams, the Crimson Tide are 3-7 (.300%) -- tied for the 41st-most victories.
- When facing Quadrant 2 opponents, Alabama is 5-3 (.625%) -- tied for the 37th-most wins.
Alabama 2022-23 Best Wins
- 63-58 on the road over Ole Miss (No. 19) on January 15
- 56-53 at home over Georgia (No. 33) on December 29
- 69-66 on the road over Arkansas (No. 47) on January 26
- 76-69 on the road over Missouri (No. 67) on February 5
- 61-58 over Wake Forest (No. 79) on November 23
Watch college hoops all season on all your devices without cable with a seven-day free trial on fuboTV!
Baylor Performance Insights
- The Bears have a +287 scoring differential, topping opponents by 9.3 points per game. They're putting up 72 points per game to rank 57th in college basketball and are allowing 62.7 per outing to rank 132nd in college basketball.
- Baylor is tallying 69.6 points per game this season in conference games, which is 2.4 fewer points per game than its overall average (72).
- The Bears average 73.1 points per game in home games, compared to 70 points per game away from home, a difference of 3.1 points per contest.
- In home games, Baylor is allowing 10.5 fewer points per game (57.3) than away from home (67.8).
- In their last 10 games, the Bears have been scoring 68.5 points per game, an average that's slightly lower than the 72 they've scored over the course of the 2022-23 season.
Alabama Performance Insights
- The Crimson Tide are outscoring opponents by 10.1 points per game, with a +303 scoring differential overall. They put up 69.9 points per game (88th in college basketball) and allow 59.8 per contest (66th in college basketball).
- Alabama has averaged 3.5 fewer points in SEC play (66.4) than overall (69.9).
- In 2022-23 the Crimson Tide are scoring 0.1 fewer points per game at home (70) than on the road (70.1).
- Alabama is conceding fewer points at home (53.3 per game) than on the road (64.3).
- Over their past 10 games, the Crimson Tide are posting 66.1 points per game, compared to their season average of 69.9.
© 2023 Data Skrive. All rights reserved.