Notre Dame vs. Southern Utah Women's Basketball Predictions & Picks - NCAA Tournament First Round
Published: Mar. 13, 2023 at 1:40 PM HST|Updated: Mar. 17, 2023 at 5:39 AM HST
Friday's game at Purcell Pavilion has the Notre Dame Fighting Irish (25-5) matching up with the Southern Utah Thunderbirds (23-9) at 3:30 PM ET (on March 17). Our computer prediction projects a one-sided 78-56 victory as our model heavily favors Notre Dame.
The Fighting Irish are coming off of a 64-38 loss to Louisville in their most recent outing on Saturday.
Notre Dame vs. Southern Utah Game Info
- When: Friday, March 17, 2023 at 3:30 PM ET
- Where: Purcell Pavilion in South Bend, Indiana
- How to Watch on TV: ESPN2
Use this link to get a free trial of fuboTV, where you can watch college hoops and other live sports without cable!
Notre Dame vs. Southern Utah Score Prediction
- Prediction: Notre Dame 78, Southern Utah 56
Notre Dame Schedule Analysis
- The Fighting Irish's signature win this season came against the Virginia Tech Hokies, a squad ranked inside the AP's Top 25 (No. 4). The Fighting Irish took home the 63-52 win on the road on December 18.
- When facing Quadrant 1 teams, the Fighting Irish are 9-5 (.643%) -- tied for the 10th-most wins.
- Notre Dame has five wins over Quadrant 2 opponents, tied for the 33rd-most in the nation.
- The Fighting Irish have tied for the 43rd-most Quadrant 3 wins in the nation (seven).
Notre Dame 2022-23 Best Wins
- 63-52 on the road over Virginia Tech (No. 4/AP Poll) on December 18
- 74-60 at home over UConn (No. 6/AP Poll) on December 4
- 68-65 on the road over Louisville (No. 20) on February 26
- 78-76 at home over Louisville (No. 20) on February 16
- 70-47 at home over Florida State (No. 25) on January 26
Southern Utah Schedule Analysis
- The Thunderbirds captured their signature win of the season on February 18, when they claimed a 67-59 victory over the Stephen F. Austin Ladyjacks, who rank inside the top 100 (No. 59) in our computer rankings.
- Against Quadrant 3 teams (based on the RPI), the Fighting Irish are 7-0 (1.000%) -- tied for the 43rd-most wins.
Southern Utah 2022-23 Best Wins
- 67-59 at home over SFA (No. 59) on February 18
- 76-68 at home over New Mexico (No. 98) on November 7
- 82-73 over Cal Baptist (No. 123) on March 11
- 83-75 at home over Cal Baptist (No. 123) on February 28
- 64-51 over Grand Canyon (No. 149) on March 10
Watch college hoops all season on all your devices without cable with a seven-day free trial on fuboTV!
Notre Dame Performance Insights
- The Fighting Irish average 74.8 points per game (34th in college basketball) while allowing 58.8 per contest (48th in college basketball). They have a +480 scoring differential overall and outscore opponents by 16.0 points per game.
- With 70.1 points per game in ACC contests, Notre Dame is scoring 4.7 fewer points per game in conference games compared to its overall average (74.8 PPG).
- Offensively, the Fighting Irish have performed better at home this year, scoring 79.1 points per game, compared to 68.8 per game on the road.
- Notre Dame is allowing 56.8 points per game this year when playing at home, which is 1.1 fewer points than it is allowing away from home (57.9).
- On the offensive side of the ball, the Fighting Irish have had a hard time putting the ball in the basket over their last 10 games, scoring 67.5 points per contest over that stretch as opposed to the 74.8 they've put up over the course of this year.
Southern Utah Performance Insights
- The Thunderbirds' +100 scoring differential (outscoring opponents by 3.2 points per game) is a result of putting up 69.1 points per game (105th in college basketball) while giving up 65.9 per outing (220th in college basketball).
- Southern Utah scores more in conference play (69.9 points per game) than overall (69.1).
- At home the Thunderbirds are scoring 74.3 points per game, 10.2 more than they are averaging away (64.1).
- At home, Southern Utah gives up 62.8 points per game. Away, it gives up 69.7.
- In their previous 10 games, the Thunderbirds are scoring 74.0 points per game, 4.9 more than their season average (69.1).
© 2023 Data Skrive. All rights reserved.