Florida State vs. Georgia Women's Basketball Predictions & Picks - NCAA Tournament First Round
Published: Mar. 15, 2023 at 9:41 PM HST|Updated: Mar. 17, 2023 at 5:39 AM HST
Friday's contest between the Florida State Seminoles (23-9) and Georgia Lady Bulldogs (21-11) matching up at Carver-Hawkeye Arena has a projected final score of 69-67 (based on our computer prediction) in favor of Florida State, so it should be a tight matchup. The game will tip off at 1:30 PM ET on March 17.
The Seminoles head into this contest after a 65-54 loss to Wake Forest on Thursday.
Florida State vs. Georgia Game Info
- When: Friday, March 17, 2023 at 1:30 PM ET
- Where: Carver-Hawkeye Arena in Iowa City, Iowa
- How to Watch on TV: ESPN2
Use this link to get a free trial of fuboTV, where you can watch college hoops and other live sports without cable!
Florida State vs. Georgia Score Prediction
- Prediction: Florida State 69, Georgia 67
Florida State Schedule Analysis
- The Seminoles beat the No. 13 Duke Blue Devils in a 70-57 win on January 29, which was their signature victory of the season.
- The Seminoles have tied for the 27th-most Quadrant 1 victories in the nation (five).
- Florida State has the most Quadrant 2 wins in the nation (nine).
Florida State 2022-23 Best Wins
- 70-57 at home over Duke (No. 13/AP Poll) on January 29
- 78-71 on the road over North Carolina (No. 20/AP Poll) on December 29
- 91-72 at home over NC State (No. 26) on January 12
- 76-75 over Purdue (No. 47) on November 25
- 92-85 at home over Miami (FL) (No. 52) on December 21
Georgia Schedule Analysis
- In their best win of the season on January 29, the Lady Bulldogs defeated the Mississippi State Bulldogs, a top 50 team (No. 45) in our computer rankings, by a score of 62-34.
- The Lady Bulldogs have eight losses against Quadrant 1 opponents, tied for the 45th-most in Division 1.
- Georgia has the most Quadrant 2 wins in the nation (nine).
Georgia 2022-23 Best Wins
- 62-34 at home over Mississippi State (No. 45) on January 29
- 71-48 at home over Arkansas (No. 48) on February 19
- 62-51 at home over Missouri (No. 70) on January 26
- 66-55 at home over Belmont (No. 76) on December 17
- 63-44 over San Diego State (No. 86) on December 21
Watch college hoops all season on all your devices without cable with a seven-day free trial on fuboTV!
Florida State Performance Insights
- The Seminoles average 80.1 points per game (10th in college basketball) while giving up 67.0 per outing (246th in college basketball). They have a +420 scoring differential overall and outscore opponents by 13.1 points per game.
- Florida State's offense has been less productive in ACC tilts this year, tallying 76.2 points per contest, compared to its overall average of 80.1 PPG.
- The Seminoles are scoring 86.3 points per game at home. In away games, they are averaging 74.8 points per contest.
- Florida State is giving up 60.2 points per game this season when playing at home, which is 13.1 fewer points than it is allowing on the road (73.3).
- In their last 10 games, the Seminoles have been racking up 67.5 points per game, an average that's much lower than the 80.1 they've scored over the course of the 2022-23 season.
Georgia Performance Insights
- The Lady Bulldogs outscore opponents by 8.7 points per game (posting 67.1 points per game, 139th in college basketball, and giving up 58.4 per contest, 42nd in college basketball) and have a +279 scoring differential.
- In 2022-23, Georgia has averaged 65.7 points per game in SEC play, and 67.1 overall.
- The Lady Bulldogs are putting up more points at home (68.6 per game) than away (66.4).
- In 2022-23 Georgia is allowing 11.0 fewer points per game at home (53.9) than on the road (64.9).
- Over their last 10 games, the Lady Bulldogs are scoring 68.2 points per game, 1.1 more than their season average (67.1).
© 2023 Data Skrive. All rights reserved.