PHOTOS: Powerful winds knock down trees and utility poles, fuel brush fires
HONOLULU (HawaiiNewsNow) - Strong winds are battering the state as Hurricane Dora passes to Hawaii’s south, fueling brush fires and knocking down power lines and trees.
Here’s a look at some of the impacts so far:
- Dora-fueled winds batter Hawaii, whipping up brush fires and leaving thousands without power
- First Alert Weather Day: Hawaii under high wind, red flag warnings as Dora tracks west
- LIST: Strong gusts, wind-whipped wildfires trigger closures on Maui, Hawaii Island
- Dora remains a powerful Cat 4 hurricane, packing winds of 130 mph south of state
- First Alert Forecast: Gusty, damaging winds from Dora buffet the state, lighter winds due on Thursday
Have photos of your own? Submit them here:
Copyright 2023 Hawaii News Now. All rights reserved.