WATCH: Hokulea special explores voyaging canoe’s unprecedented Pacific journey
HONOLULU (HawaiiNewsNow) - Polynesian voyaging canoe Hokulea is on its longest and most dangerous journey yet — a four-year, 43,000 nautical mile circumnavigation of the Pacific.
Along the way, some 400 crew members will travel to 36 countries and 100 indigenous territories.
Hawaii News Now was invited to document the beginning of the journey in Alaska and has compiled a new special — called “Moananuiakea: A Voyage for Earth” — that underscores the history nature of the voyage.
Watch it on demand for free across HNN’s digital platforms:
- On Roku, Apple TV or your Amazon Fire TV app: Be sure you have the Hawaii News Now app (click here for directions on how to download for free) and watch at your leisure.
- On the Hawaii News Now website: Click here to watch it on our special section.
- On the Hawaii News Now mobile app: Click the Hokulea tile on the home page.
- Prefer to watch on a social platform? You can also watch on Facebook and YouTube.
- ‘To be here is massive’: 1976 Hokulea crewmembers hold emotional reunion in Alaska
- Hokulea crew members take the plunge with ancient practice of cold water bathing
- ‘Success’: Hundreds gather in Juneau for historic Hokulea welcoming ceremony
Copyright 2023 Hawaii News Now. All rights reserved.