A string of restaurant closures prompt concerns from industry leaders
HONOLULU (HawaiiNewsNow) - A string of recent restaurant closures is raising concern among industry leaders.
According to the Hawaii Restaurant Association, at least seven restaurants have shut their doors in the first three months of this year:
- Aiea Chop Suey
- Little Village Noodle House
- Outback Steakhouse (Hawaii Kai, Kihei)
- Ruby Tuesday (Kapolei)
- The Original Pancake House (Kapiolani Boulevard)
- Zippy’s Hawaii Kai (Take-out still open)
- Kobe Japanese Steak House (Lahaina)
The HRA says restaurants continue to struggle with the rise in cost of goods that impact the bottom line and finding workers.
The association is launching a social media campaign where people eating out can post at the eatery using the hashtag #SupportHawaiiRestaurants.
Copyright 2023 Hawaii News Now. All rights reserved.