HPD chief: 38 concealed-carry gun permits approved so far
Published: Mar. 14, 2023 at 8:20 AM HST|Updated: Mar. 14, 2023 at 11:52 AM HST
HONOLULU (HawaiiNewsNow) - Honolulu Police Chief Joe Logan said the department has received a little more than 800 concealed carry applications so far.
Logan added 38 licenses were approved as of Monday.
That’s up slightly from three weeks ago when Logan told the City Council that about 30 licenses were granted.
- ‘One set of rules’: Counties look to state lawmakers for uniformity on concealed carry firearms
- HPD chief to sign more concealed carry permits by end of week
- Hundreds apply for permits to carry a concealed weapon, but some question rules
- After high court’s decision, gun owners line up outside HPD for permits to carry weapons
- Proposed ban on concealed weapons at ‘sensitive places’ moves forward at Council
Copyright 2023 Hawaii News Now. All rights reserved.