Freon gas leak triggered evacuations at Costco Warehouse in Kalihi
Published: Oct. 27, 2022 at 9:30 PM HST
HONOLULU (HawaiiNewsNow) - A refrigerant gas leak forced the evacuation of the Iwilei Costco Thursday afternoon, said the Honolulu Fire Department.
Three HFD units, including a HAZMAT team responded to the incident just before 2 p.m.
Fire officials said Freon gas was leaking from the store’s compressor room.
Crews addressed the leak by turning off everything in the compressor room and assisted with the ventilation.
The store was reopened an hour later and no one was hurt.
Copyright 2022 Hawaii News Now. All rights reserved.