HFD: Pauoa house fire that left 2 dead was accidental

A 77-year-old woman and 54-year-old man were found dead in the home.
Published: Jun. 16, 2022 at 12:21 PM HST|Updated: Jun. 16, 2022 at 1:22 PM HST
Email This Link
Share on Pinterest
Share on LinkedIn

HONOLULU (HawaiiNewsNow) - The Honolulu Fire Department says a fire that left two people dead and one seriously injured in Pauoa last week was accidental.

HFD said Wednesday that the blaze was caused by a probable failure of electrical equipment in the first floor laundry room at the home on Booth Road.

The fire broke out last week Monday, around 2:20 a.m.

A 77-year-old woman and 54-year-old man were found dead in the home. A 77-year-old man was able to escape and was taken to the hospital with burns to his arms and legs, Emergency Medical Services said.

The fire caused an estimated $378,000 in damage.

This story will be updated.

Copyright 2022 Hawaii News Now. All rights reserved.