Propane gas leak in Waipahu triggers evacuations of some residents
HONOLULU (HawaiiNewsNow) - Some Waipahu residents were evacuated from their homes Wednesday night following a propane gas leak, the Honolulu Fire Department said.
Four HFD units, with about a dozen firefighters responded to the incident around 9:40 p.m. on Hikimoe Street.
Upon arrival, crews found a large propane tank actively leaking inside an empty commercial building.
Nearby residents were evacuated as a precaution.
HFD was able to secure the leak and ventilate the area, allowing residents to return.
No one was injured.
This story will be updated.
Copyright 2022 Hawaii News Now. All rights reserved.