HPH offers COVID vaccines on Oahu, Kauai; booster also available for those who qualify
HONOLULU (HawaiiNewsNow) - Hawaii Pacific Health will be running vaccine clinics starting Friday. Booster shots will also be available for those who quality for them.
This comes after the FDA and CDC approved a third dose of the COVID-19 vaccine — Pfizer and Moderna — for those with weakened immune systems.
Federal health officials have not yet given approval of a booster shot for the Johnson & Johnson vaccine.
HPH’s vaccine clinics will be held on Oahu and Kauai.
- Kapolei High School – Friday, Aug. 13, 11 a.m. to 7 p.m.
- Kalani High School – Saturday, Aug. 14, 9:30 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Waipahu High School – Sunday, Aug. 15, 9:30 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Walk-ins are accepted, but appointments are encouraged. Click here to schedule an appointment.
- Hanapepe Neighborhood Center – Friday, Aug. 13, Noon to 3 p.m.
- Wilcox Medical Center – Saturday, Aug. 14, 9:30 to 11:30 a.m.
- Hanalei Neighborhood Center – Saturday, Aug. 14, Noon to 3 p.m.
These vaccine clinics are walk-in only.
Health officials say it’s preferred that recipients get the same brand as their previous two doses, but it’s not a requirement. Recipients are also asked to wait at least 28 days after their second dose before getting a third.
HPH will announce additional vaccine locations for booster shots beyond this weekend as details are finalized.
Copyright 2021 Hawaii News Now. All rights reserved.