LIST: Severe weather continues, causing road, school closures
HONOLULU, Hawaii (HawaiiNewsNow) - Severe weather continues to hit the state leading to road and school closures.
Here’s the latest as of 10 p.m. Thursday.
- Both lanes open on Kamehameha Highway, near Kualoa Regional Park. The road was closed due to a landslide. Click here for the latest.
- Both lanes of Kuhio Highway near Hanalei Hill, approaching Hanalei Bridge, are closed. Click here for the latest.
- Landslides have closed Kuhio Highway closed between Kolopua Apartments and Hanalei Plantation Road.
- One lane of Kuhio Highway at mile marker 4.5 near Waikoko is currently open to alternating traffic.
- Wood Valley Road in Pahala due to flood conditions.
- The bridge at Peahi Road and Aloha Aina Place remains closed.
- The bridge after 311 Awalau Road is closed.
- Hauula Elementary will be on full distance learning. Grab-and-Go meals will remain available at this location.
- Kaaawa Elementary will be on full distance learning. Grab-and-Go meals will not be available at this location.
- Waiahole Elementary will be on full distance learning. Grab-and-Go meals will not be available at this location. The nearest alternate site for Grab-and-Go meals will be Kahaluu Elementary.
- Hanalei School will remain closed due to large landslide blocking Kuhio Highway. There will be no distance learning schedule at this location.
- Haiku Elementary will be on full distance learning. Grab-and-Go will be provided on Friday from 10 to 10:30 a.m.
- The Honolulu Zoo is closed Thursday due to heavy rain. A decision will be made later if it will reopen on Friday.
- Power has been restored for some customers in Kailua. Crews are actively making repairs before safely restoring power to the remaining 705 customers. HECO said that the estimated restore time is 12 a.m. Friday.
- The Hanalei post office is closed due to the closure of Kuhio Highway. PO Box customers can pick up their mail at the Kilauea post office.
- Polihale State Park, Haena State Park and the Na Pali Coast State Wilderness Park are closed due to the impacts of heavy rain fall, flash flooding and landslides.
This story will be updated.
Copyright 2021 Hawaii News Now. All rights reserved.