First COVID-19 death of Hawaii National Guardsman reported

Lab testing / file image
Lab testing / file image(University of Hawaii)
Published: Nov. 17, 2020 at 9:54 AM HST
Email This Link
Share on Pinterest
Share on LinkedIn

HONOLULU, Hawaii (HawaiiNewsNow) - The Hawaii National Guard has reported its first COVID-19 death on Sunday.

The National Guard said the 52-year-old airman tested positive earlier in the week.

He was a part-time reservist assigned to Joint Base Pearl Harbor-Hickam.

“This personal loss reminds us that Hawaii needs everyone to comply with safe practices to prevent further spread of this deadly disease,” said Maj. Gen. Kenneth Hara, the state’s adjutant general.

Since the start of the pandemic, the National Guard had implemented mitigation measures, including virtual training activities.

Copyright 2020 Hawaii News Now. All rights reserved.