State expands trusted partners for inter-island, domestic travel program
HONOLULU, Hawaii (HawaiiNewsNow) - Trusted travel testing partners are increasing in Hawaii as the air travel industry continues its slow bounce back.
The state has added the city’s mobile testing unit at the Honolulu airport as one of the new trusted partners for interisland COVID-19 testing.
The mobile lab was originally only available to first responders, and airport and city workers, but is now available to local residents and visitors traveling from county to county.
Up to 10,000 test per day can be processed at the lab, and the results can be obtained within three to six hours.
This is just one of several new trusted partners for the state. Negative test results will be accepted from the new partners starting Nov.17.
The latest additions of partners are outlined in the list below:
INTER-COUNTY PRE-TRAVEL TESTING PROGRAM
- Testing is available with the National Kidney Foundation of Hawaiʻi’s Consortium, through an agreement with the City and County of Honolulu, at the Daniel K. Inouye International Airport (test site is at the Diamond Head Tour Group area just past Baggage Claim 31) and the Hawaiian Monarch Hotel on the island of O’ahu. Pre-register online at www.oahucitypass.lumisight.com or walk-in on site. We offer “gold standard” FDA EUA PCR based mid-turbinate tests. Results are provided in 3-6 hours and are available for ages 5 and older at a cost of $125. Health insurance accepted subject to the policies of your insurer.
- S&G Labs Hawai’i LLC – Testing services are available throughout the state for walk-ups and appointments. All lab tests processed locally with fast 24- to 36-hour turn-around time. Kamaʻāina rates available for travelers. Tests available for ages 5 and older. Find more information, including locations and testing availability, or to schedule appointments, visit www.sglabshawaii/covid19.com or call 808-329-9675.
Additionally, inter-county passengers arriving in Hawaiʻi, Kauaʻi and Maui counties may bypass the mandatory 14-day quarantine if the test sample is taken within 72 hours of departure and processed by one of three local laboratories, regardless of where the sample was taken. The result must be reported on the TTP Results Form.
- Clinical Labs of Hawai’i – Testing available at many locations statewide (Oʻahu, Kauaʻi, Mauʻi, and Hawaiʻi Island). A lab order from a licensed healthcare provider in the State of Hawaiʻi is necessary. Appointments required. For more detailed information, please visit clinicallabs.com/covid.
- Diagnostic Laboratory Services, Inc. (DLS) – Testing requires a lab order and collection by a licensed healthcare provider in the State of Hawaiʻi. Test results from DLS Guam also accepted. More information at dlslab.com/covid-collection.
- S&G Labs Hawai’i LLC – Testing services available throughout the state for walk-ups and appointments. All lab tests processed locally with fast 24- to 36-hour turn-around time. Kamaʻāina rates available for travelers. Tests available for ages 5 and older. Find more information, including locations and testing availability, or to schedule appointments, visit www.sglabshawaii/covid19.com or call 808-329-9675.
DOMESTIC TRANSPACIFIC PRE-TRAVEL TESTING PROGRAM
American Family Care
American Family Care (AFC) – More than 200 AFC locations nationwide are confirmed Trusted Testing Partners with the State of Hawaiʻi. All travelers ages five and up are able to visit their local AFC location, no more than 72 hours before their flight departure time in compliance with travel requirements, for a pre-travel COVID-19 test. A printed version of test results will be provided to the traveler(s) prior to leaving the AFC center. Click Here for more information.
American Samoa Department of Health
The American Samoa Department of Health Clinical Laboratory is a CLIA-certified moderate complexity testing laboratory situated at the Tafuna Health Center Clinic. It provides necessary clinical laboratory testing services for the people of American Samoa, including the FDA-authorized Nucleic Acid Amplification Test (NAAT) test required for passengers to participate in the State of Hawaiʻi’s pre-travel testing program. The AS-DOH website is https://www.americansamoa.gov/department-of-public-health.
Atlas Genomics is a CLIA-certified, high complexity molecular diagnostics laboratory based in Seattle, WA. We are dedicated to providing our clients with premium quality service and timely results, both locally and across the nation. Travelers on their way to Hawaiʻi may schedule testing through our convenient online portal and visit one of our five Seattle area locations for sample collection. Expedited same-day results are available for those travelers utilizing our Renton or Bellevue locations. For additional information or to schedule a test, please visit: https://www.atlas-genomics.com.
Capstone Clinic is eager to offer pre-travel testing to the residents of the State of Alaska in preparation for their visit to the Aloha State. Capstone has six full-service health care facility locations on Alaska’s road system and at the Ted Stevens International Airport and numerous regional airports statewide. Capstone has over 250 employees and has performed over 125,000 COVID tests. For information visit: https://www.capstoneclinic.com/project/covid19-testing/.
Clarity Lab Solutions
Clarity Lab Solutions as Clarity Mobile Ventures (“CMV”), are supplying a COVID-19 testing and clinical laboratory facility at Los Angeles International Airport (LAX). This lab and test collection station will be located across from terminal 6 and will provide COVID-19 testing solutions for passengers, airport, and airline staff. In addition, Clarity Lab Solutions high throughput lab in Boca Raton, FL will be used for overflow testing if excess testing capacity is required for results within 24 hours of receipt. For more information visit http://www.claritylabsolutions.com/traveling-to-hawaii.html.
Costco Wholesale, in collaboration with AZOVA, is offering at-home, observed FDA-authorized COVID-19 saliva rt-PCR testing for travelers (Costco members and non-members) for ages five years and older from anywhere in the United States. Tests are delivered via UPS overnight delivery and electronic shareable results are available in 24 to 48 hours from the time the lab receives the test sample. Information and pricing can be found at https://www.costco.com/.product.1509147.html. In addition to our e-commerce traveler solution, Costco will be launching an in-Pharmacy COVID-19 traveler testing solution in select markets coming in December.
Go Health Urgent Care
Rapid COVID-19 Testing—with results in 15 minutes—is available at our designated centers in the greater New York metropolitan area, the Portland, Oregon & Vancouver, Washington area, the San Francisco Bay Area, Hartford and South Eastern Connecticut, Winston-Salem and Charlotte, North Carolina, St. Louis and Springfield, Missouri, Oklahoma City, Oklahoma, Northwest Arkansas and Delaware. We also offer testing on Level 1 of the International Terminal at the San Francisco International Airport (SFO). To learn more about travel testing in your area, please visit Gohealthuc.com/Travel-Testing or select your location above.
UC San Diego Health
UC San Diego Health offers COVID-19 PCR testing at several convenient drive-up locations throughout San Diego County. When your test is scheduled, you will get information on the testing location and address. Tests are available for ages 3 and older and performed by a friendly and welcoming team of experts. Results are typically available within a day. Website coming soon.
University of Washington Medicine
UW Medicine – The University of Washington Department of Laboratory Medicine & Pathology offers approved testing for travelers to Hawaiʻi at specific UW Medicine and community testing collection locations. Please visit https://testguide.labmed.uw.edu/public/guideline/hawaii_safe_travels for more information.
WestPac Labs is now offering COVID-19 Testing Services as an approved partner of the State of Hawaiʻi’s Trusted Testing and Travel Partners Program. Travel testing services are only available through select participating providers. A list of these select providers is located at www.westpaclab.com/covid-19/hawaii.
WestPac Labs is part of Sonic Healthcare USA. Sonic Healthcare USA is a leading provider of state-of-the-art laboratory and pathology services throughout the USA with eight operating divisions and nearly eight thousand US-based employees, 330 Pathologists and serving 30 million patients per year. For more information, visit our website at www.westpaclab.com.
XpresCheck™ is a multi-state, airport-based wellness center specializing in Covid-19 testing. We offer PCR tests with results within 72 hours, and Rapid Molecular Covid tests with results while you wait. Locations and appointment scheduling can be found at www.XpresCheck.com with Hawaiʻi-specific information at https://xprescheck.com/hawaii.
Information from the state is available in full at the COVID-19 website here.
Copyright 2020 Hawaii News Now. All rights reserved.