HONOLULU, Hawaii (HawaiiNewsNow) - Scores gathered at Magic Island on Monday for a vigil to mark one year since little Abigail Lobisch died in her babysitter’s care from an overdose of Benadryl.
“I miss her so much,” said her father, James Lobisch.
Her loved ones gathered at sunset with her photos, flowers and a banner that read, “Justice for Abi."
Following the ceremony, Abigail’s parents and older brother, 3-year-old Zachariah, scattered her ashes.
"It’s been rough, a roller coaster. Grief comes in waves,” said her mother, Anna. "She was such a happy baby. Joyful. She had so much light in her.”
Abigail was found lifeless at an unlicensed daycare at the Aliamanu Military Reservation.
Dixie Denise Villa, the babysitter accused of giving her the sedative, is awaiting trial in May on a charge of manslaughter.
Autopsy results found the child had been given a lethal amount of Benadryl, almost twice the level consistent with fatal overdoses in infants. Benadryl is not recommended for children under the age of 6.
Anna Lobisch is now 26 weeks pregnant a boy.
She says he and big brother Zachariah will be raised knowing who their sister was.
“I always want him to remember who she is, not was, because she’s still going to live on. She’s not here presently with us, but she’s still with us."