HONOLULU, Hawaii (HawaiiNewsNow) - The Honolulu Fire Department is reminding the public fireworks are banned on Oahu, while firecrackers are legal with a permit.
But what firefighters really want you to do is head to a public fireworks display instead.
Here’s a look at where the fireworks shows will be this New Year’s on Oahu:
- Hilton Hawaiian Village Lagoon, starts at 10:30 p.m.
- Turtle Bay Resort, starts at midnight
- Barge offshore of Ko Olina, starts at midnight
- Barge offshore of Waikiki, starts at midnight
On the Neighbor Islands, displays are set for midnight at:
- The Grand Naniloa Hotel on the Big Island;
- The Grand Wailea on Maui;
- Four Seasons Lanai.