Two of Hawaii’s rising football stars are leading the Saint Louis Crusaders to another dominant year on the field. The team’s winning streak extends to more than three dozen games over the last three years, thanks in good part to two key players.
Wide receiver Roman Wilson is from Maui and has committed to attending the University of Michigan in 2020. The 6-foot, 175-pound prospect, ran a 4.37 second 40-yard dash last summer at the Nike Opening Regionals. And, defensive tackle Stanley McKenzie is from Kalihi. At 6-foot two, 280-pounds, he chose the University of California at Berkeley not only because of its football program.
“The coaching staff, they asked more questions about my personal life than my football career,” said McKenzie. “It was a very genuine connection with the coaching staff. Can’t beat the education. It’s close to home and I have a lot of family inside the Bay Area, too.”
Hawaii Self Storage has been a longtime supporter of Hawaii’s college-bound students. Nearly 150 local high school graduates have received college scholarships from Hawai’i Self Storage’s College Scholarship Program.
About Hawaii Self Storage: Hawai’i Self Storage (HSS) is a proud locally-owned company, committed to trusted-service, local values, and serving our community. It offers the largest inventory of storage units, longest access hours, and friendly local service. Experience the difference at one of six convenient locations including Kaimuki, Salt Lake, Pearl City, Mililani, Kapolei and Kapolei-West. For more information call (808) 949-7233.
Hawai’i Self Storage is committed to serving and giving back to the people of Hawai’i. The company has established various programs to support schools, students, athletics, non-profit organizations and family programs in our local communities.
- Hawaiiʻi Self Storage has been nationally recognized for its charitable giving, awarded the Humanitarian Award by ISS Magazine in 2009.
- HSS proud sponsor of OIA, ILH, and HSSAA Athletics
- HSS proud corporate sponsor of UH Athletics
- HSS College Scholarship Program - 15 years, 156 students, $583,000, opened to all high schools in the state.
- Each year HSS sponsors various high schools in need and Keiki Athletic teams, leagues, and organization throughout the state
- HSS also supports various non-profit organizations
- HSS donates reading books to local elementary schools to promote reading and youth literacy
For more information: hawaiiselfstorage.com