HNN picks up 8 regional Edward R. Murrow awards
HONOLULU (HawaiiNewsNow) - Hawaii News Now has netted eight Edward R. Murrow regional awards for outstanding broadcast and digital coverage in 2018.
The awards were for:
- Best newscast: Kilauea Erupts, 10 p.m.
- Continuing coverage: Kilauea eruption
- News series: “Pele’s Path: The People of Puna”
- Investigative reporting: Sex offenders list Hawaii parks as home address
- Hard News: Thousands of Hawaii teens admit to injecting illegal drugs
- Excellence in Sound: The battle for on-street parking
- Best Multimedia Presence
- Excellence in Social Media
Hawaii News Now General Manager Rick Blangiardi called the eight Murrows “humbling.”
“Being recognized for providing quality journalism to the people of Hawaii is in itself most gratifying,” Blangiardi said.
He added the awards are a “very well-deserved honor reflective of the dedication, commitment and professionalism of the men and women in our newsroom, and the exemplary leadership of our senior newsroom managers.”
HNN News Director Scott Humber said the recognition with “one of our industry’s most prestigious honors is a testament to the talent and commitment of the men and women of Hawaii News Now."
"I could not be more proud of the work we do, day in and day out for the people of Hawaii.”
Copyright 2019 Hawaii News Now. All rights reserved.