HONOLULU (HawaiiNewsNow) - Starting Monday, nine new and relocated bus shelters for the Kauai Bus will be available.
The bus shelters are located along Kuhio and Kaumualii Highways.
County officials said the new shelters will improve overall service to the public.
The following is a list of new bus shelter locations:
- Kealia Beach - (makai side of Kuhio Highway, Hanalei-bound)
- Kealia Beach - (mauka side of Kuhio Highway, Lihue-bound). The bus stop has moved 200 feet towards Lihue.
- Kapahi Food Mart - (150 feet from the intersection from Awaa Place/Kawaihau Road.).
- Kapaa Library – (fronting the Kapaa Library on Kuhio Highway, Hanalei-bound).
- Kapaa Skate Park – (in the park, next to the skate facility)
- Waipouli Beach Resort – (bus stop replaces the old Kapaa Missionary Church bus stop). Shelter is located 120 feet from the intersection of the Kauai Village Shopping Center on Kuhio Highway, Hanalei bound
- Kealaula – (120 feet from the intersection of Waialo Road/Okapu Street)
- Waimea Athletic Field – (stop replaces the old Waimea Athletic Field stop within the parking lot). Shelter is located on the mauka side of Kaumualii Highway, Kekaha-bound
- Waimea Athletic Field – (stop replaces the old Waimea Athletic Field stop within the parking lot.) Shelter is located on the makai side of Kaumualii Highway, Lihue-bound.