HFD concludes investigation into a Makakilo house fire

Early-morning house fire in Makakilo sends woman, 4 girls to the hospital

MAKAKILO (HawaiiNewsNow) - Fire investigators with the Honolulu Fire Department wrapped up their investigation into a Makakilo house fire that happened on Monday.

The fire was deemed accidental. It was sparked by an unspecified arc in the refrigerator, HFD said Wednesday.

Flames broke out at the two-story, single-family home in the Watercolors subdivision around 1:15 a.m.

Officials said a woman and four girls in the home were able to escape without significant injuries, but they were all taken to the hospital to be treated for smoke inhalation.

Paramedics said they were all in stable condition.

It took firefighters about 30 minutes to put out the flames.

Officials said the home did not have smoke alarms or a sprinkler.

The American Red Cross is assisting residents affected by the blaze.

Damage to the home and its contents was estimated at a combined $494,000.

Copyright 2019 Hawaii News Now. All rights reserved.