HONOLULU (HawaiiNewsNow) - Various closures of roads, beaches, schools and parks are taking place following a winter storm that caused strong wind gusts and life-threatening surf.
Here’s a list of reported closures.
- Hawaii Island:
- The state Department of Education reported that all Honokaa schools on Hawaii Island are closed due to a power outage.
- No other school closures in the state.
PARKS & ATTRACTIONS:
- High winds forced the closure of Wahiawa and Foster Botanical Gardens, but both have since reopened.
- Waimea Bay Beach Park closed to a downed power line near the entrance, but has also since reopened.
- Camping permits remain suspended at all 17 City campgrounds.
- Haleakala National Park Summit closed due to winter storm.
- All West Maui beach parks were closed.
Various closures are being reported. This story will be updated.