HONOLULU (HawaiiNewsNow) - The National Weather Service has posted a handful of advisories and warnings for Hawaii. They include:
- High wind warning in effect for Big Island summits.
- Wind advisory in effect for most of the Big Island until noon Monday.
- High surf warning for various shores across the state. Choppy, rough, life-threatening conditions are expected.
- High surf advisory for west shores of the Big Island.
- Storm warning for waters beyond 40 nautical miles offshore. In effect through Sunday afternoon.
- Gale watches and warnings posted for waters and channels surrounding the islands.
- Winter Weather Advisory for the summit of Haleakala until noon Monday.
These alerts may be upgraded, extended or dropped pending the changing conditions.
This story may be updated.