Bikers hold memorial for hit-and-run victim - Hawaii News Now - KGMB and KHNL

Bikers hold memorial for hit-and-run victim

Davilynn Kebo Davilynn Kebo
Lindsay Kane Lindsay Kane
Roy Gomez Roy Gomez
Siaosi Feleunga Siaosi Feleunga

By Roger Mari bio | email

WAIPAHU (KHNL) - His sudden death shocked the biking community. And today a memorial was held for the victim of a hit-and-run motorcycle accident which happened last month. Lindsay Kane was remembered by family, friends and fellow bikers.

Lindsay Kane had a passion for motorcycles. He loved to ride with friends and family, so it is only fitting for his memorial, that dozens pay their respects during a bike ride. Riding was just one of his passions, along with fishing on the ocean. But it was during a ride, that the 47-year-old lost his life.

"Today we're going to celebrate life and take our brothers spirit with us," said Lindsay's sister Davilynn Kebo.

Family and friends called Lindsay a generous man who didn't deserve to be left dying on the road. While family members search for justice, they might not ever find forgiveness.

"I will not forgive, not at this moment and I cannot forget," said Kebo.

While the roads are for everybody, Lindsay's death is a reminder that, not all drivers are aware of how vulnerable motorcycle riders are.

"There's a lot of risk involved if you're not sure how to ride even for those of us who feel like we have a hundred years under our belt with riding, we still have to be careful when we're out there," said Biker Roy Gomez.

The hit and run driver was eventually caught, police have opened up a negligent homicide and failure-to-render-aid investigation.

"I do sympathize with his mother. I feel for her for what her son has done to destroy two families," said Kebo.

With the rumble of bikes, this ceremony concludes with a ride to Sand Island, where family members scattered the ashes of a man who made the most of his time on the roads and on the ocean.

The man suspected of killing Lindsay Kane is Siaosi Feleunga of Waipahu. The 31-year-old has not been charged in the case. On Tuesday week he appeared in court on unrelated charges of failing to show up for a terroristic threatening trail in October of 2006.

Powered by Frankly