HONOLULU (KHNL) - The City will be working on 11 major sewer projects in December that may impact roadways and traffic on Oahu.
The projects are:
- Alii Shores Sewer Rehabilitation- Installation of manhole frame and covers and paving on Waikalua Place and Waikalua Way.
- Halona Street Relief Sewer - Installation of a new sewer line and manholes along Olomea and Kohou streets, from Olomea Street to North King Street.
- Kailua/Kaneohe Reconstructed Sewer Rehabilitation - Spot repairs along Papalani Street, Wanaao Road, Pamaele Street and Popua Loop.
- Kalihi/Nuuanu Area Sewer Rehabilitation (All Phases) - Sewer rehabilitation work on School Street (east of Nuuanu Avenue), Kuakini Street (west of Nuuanu Avenue), Liliha Street and Malanai Place.
- Kapiolani Area Revised Sewer - Installation of gravity lines along Rycroft Street and Kalauokalani Way.
- Kuliouou Sewer Rehabilitation - Installation of cured-in-place pipe along Kuliouou Road/Wakine Place, Summer Street between Kuliouou Road and Paeoki Drive and Kalanianaole Highway/Paeoki Drive.
- Peterson Lane and Pua Lane Sewer Rehabilitation - Installation of a new gravity sewer line on King Street, Peterson Lane, Dillingham Boulevard and Pua Lane.
- St. Louis Heights Sewer Rehabilitation - Installation of cured-in-place pipes along roads and easements, sewer laterals and manhole rehabilitation in areas along Bertram Street and St. Louis Drive.
- Waipahu Street/Plantation Village Sewer Reconstruction - Installation of gravity sewer line within Plantation Village.
- Wanaao Road/Keolu Drive Reconstruction Sewer - Installation of a gravity sewer line along Wanaao Road (Auwina Street to Keolu Drive) and Keolu Drive (Akahai Street to Akalani Loop).
- Wilhelmina Rise Sewer Rehabilitation - Sewer rehabilitation work in Wilhelmina Rise area on various streets within the area bordered by Paula Drive, Lurline Drive, Wilhelmina Rise, Keanu Street and Claudine Street.
About 100 projects underway are focused on Oahu's wastewater treatment plants, pump stations and collection system.
These projects are part of $500 million of ongoing wastewater projects.