(KHNL) - Many families are getting ready for Halloween festivities, and AARP wants to remind you to include safety in your plans.
Volunteers, police officers and community members will be out on Thursday, for the "Trick or Treat for Safer Streets" event.
During the morning and afternoon commute, they'll be at 23 busy intersections across the state, promoting pedestrian safety on Halloween.
They'll also pass out copies of "Take a Walk," which is a pamphlet featuring a walking IQ test, reminding you of safe walking practices.
Call toll-free 1-888-687-2277 to get a free copy of the publication by mail, or drop by one of the following AARP Volunteer Information Centers:
- Oahu - 1199 Dillingham Blvd., Suite A106
- Maui - 200 South High Street, Main Floor
- Kauai - 3178 Kuhio Highway, Suite D-2
- Kona - 75-5995 Kuakini Highway, Suite 223
Oahu Locations and Times for Volunteer Teams (7:30 - 8:30 a.m.):
- Palama Street and Vineyard Street near Like Like Elementary School
- King Street near Washington Middle School
- Waimano Home Road and Kamehameha Hwy. near Pearl City Elementary School
- Kamakani Street near Hokulani Elementary School
- Ala Lilikoi Street and Ala Ilima Street near Salt Lake Shopping Center
- Metcalf and University Ave. near UH Lab School
- Kapiolani Blvd. and Sheridan near Ala Moana Shopping Center
- Kanunu Street and Kaheka Street near Don Quijote
- Farrington Hwy. near Waianae High School
- Army and Farrington near Waianae Laundromat
- Farrington Hwy. near Tamura's Market
- Farrington Hwy. near Waianae Intermediate
- Farrington Hwy. and Haleakala Street near Nanakuli Middle and HS
- Farrington Hwy. near Nanakuli Intermediate and High School and Naniakapona
- Farrington Hwy. in Nanakuli near Sack N Save
- Farrington Hwy. and St. John's Road near Hawaii Family Services
- Farrington Hwy. near Makaha Surfside Condos
- Farrington Hwy. and Maililili Road near Waianae Community Comprehensive Health Center
- Farrington Hwy. and Princess Kahanu Street
- 12:30 - 1:30 p.m. at Kapahulu Ave. near Jefferson Elementary School
- Maui: Queen Kaahumanu Street near Queen Kaahumanu Shopping Center from 11:00 a.m. to noon
- Big Island (Kona): Palani Street and Kealakehe Street near Kealakehe Elementary School from 7:30 a.m. to 8:30 a.m.
- Kauai: (Kauai Teams will meet on Friday at 7:00 - 8:00 a.m.)