IRS Free File Available for Non filers Who Must File for ES Refund

WASHINGTON D.C. (KHNL) -- Individuals who normally do not file a tax refund but must do so this year to receive their 2008 economic stimulus payment can now use the IRS Free File program to help them file.

The IRS now accepts returns from those who have no legal requirement to file other than to receive their payment.

Individuals and families must have at least $3000 of income from any combination of earned income to be eligible.

Taxpayers can receive payments of up to $600 for individuals and $1200 for married couples.  Parents may also qualify for a $300 payment for each child under 17.

People could use those companies listed on the Free File - Economic Stimulus Payment on the IRS's Web site by clicking on the IRS link.