BIRMINGHAM, Alabama (KHNL) -- The island of Maui has been named one of the top ten wildlife hotspots by Coastal Living Magazine.
Maui is recognized for its many green sea turtles that gather off shores, eventually making their way to Maluaka Beach, also known as Turtle Town.
The Turtle Lagoon at the Maui Ocean Center also offers a chance to see reptiles.
The list includes:
1. Stingray City, Grand Cayman
2. Depoe Bay, Oregon
3. Assateague Island National Seashore, Virginia and Maryland
4. Big Pine Key, Florida
5. Maui, Hawaii
6. Stonington Peninsula, Michigan
7. Delaware Bay, Delaware
8. Mosquito Bay, Puerto Rico
9. San Simeon, California
10. Knight Inlet, British Columbia