HONOLULU (KHNL) -- Honolulu's musical mayor opens his "State of the City" address with his brother's song, "My Hawaii."
Mayor Mufi Hannemann gives an optimistic outlook of Honolulu's future.
Hannemman's fourth State of the City speech addressed just about every issue facing the City and County of Honolulu.
Topics included property taxes, homelessness, affordable housing, transportation, improvements to infrastructure and city operated facilities and agencies.
"In my first of these addresses in 2005, you'll recall I set forth the six priorities that we needed to right the course of City government:
1. We would be honest, truthful, and accountable for the public's money.
2. We would ensure that our first-responders were staffed and equipped.
3. We would repair our roads.
4. We would fix our sewers and tackle our solid waste problems.
5. We would better maintain our parks and public facilities.
6. And we would find solutions to our transportation needs.