(HECO Press Release)
(KHNL) -- Hawaiian Electric Company reports that there are outages throughout the island as a result of extremely heavy wind and rain with the greatest number of problems occuring on the northern and windward side of the island and the leeward coast.
Major power outages are effecting the following areas:
- The North Shore from Waialua to Sunset Beach.
- Central Oahu including parts of Mililani and Wahiawa.
- Pearl City in the vicinity of Waimano Home Road and Pacific Palisades.
- Parts of East Honolulu including Kahala, Waialae Nui and Ainakoa.
- Nanakuli, Maili and other neighborhood along the Waianae coast.
There are reports of smaller outages in communities across Oahu.
All field repair crews have been called in to work on the power. Priorities on restoration will be based on public and workers safety. Hospitals, military installations and law enforcements will be considered high priority.
"Our crews will be on the job around the clock until power is restored to all customers. We apologize for the considerable inconvenience the storm is causing and appreciate the public's patience," said Lynne Unemori of Hawaiian Electric Corporate Relations.
Individuals with power problems in the areas listed above do not need to report their outages. All others should call 548-7961 to report them.