Fire at Maui Resort Causes $75,000 in Damages

WEST MAUI (KHNL) -- Fire crews responded to a fire at the Kaanapali Beach Club Resort in west Maui Sunday night.

Fire officials say a fire started by a dishwashing machine set off an alarm at 11:29 pm.  The fire was confined to the dishwasher unit and was brought under control about 20 minutes later.

Damages to the dishwasher unit and sprinkler system are estimated to be $75,000.

Resort guests were evacuated during the incident.  No injuries were reported.