KAPAHULU (KHNL) - Contractors working at the new Safeway site on Kapahulu Avenue sparked a gas leak.
According to fire officials, contractors were trying to hook up a natural gas line when it sparked and created a fire. According to witnesses, flames were shooting up into the air. One contractor suffered minor injuries.
The Honolulu Fire Department had the fire under control within 20 minutes.
The Honolulu Police Department coned off a 200-foot radius along Kapahulu Avenue, rerouting traffic along the side streets.
Job Link 8 Featured Jobs
Senate Republicans are now considering two versions of similar legislation, one that would repeal and replace, and another that would simply repeal "Obamacare" with a two-year delay for implementation to give the Senate more time to agree on a replacement.More >>
The 11-month-old has a rare genetic condition, and his parents want to take him to America to receive an experimental treatment.More >>
The president's son-in-law has attracted attention for a December meeting with a leading Russian diplomat.More >>
The father of “Peter Boy” Kema is set to be sentenced Monday, bringing some closure in one of Hawaii’s most notorious murder mysteries.More >>
Mayor Kirk Caldwell signed the latest plastic bag bill into law Monday phasing out thick reusable bags and closing a loophole many have expressed concern over.More >>