Gas Leak Forces Evacuation, Road Closure

WAIANAE (KHNL) - In Waianae, it was a lunch-time scare for about 30 people as firefighters evacuated them from their building and homes Monday afternoon.

A gas leak forced employees in the Sierra Lion Building and nearby residents on Mill Street to clear out.

Firefighters found a pipe was leaking propane gas. They called the gas company to repair the leak.

People were allowed back into the building and homes after firefighters determined it was safe for them to return.

Police closed Farrington Highway for an hour.