KAPAA, Kauai (KHNL) - A fire broke out Tuesday afternoon while a repairman was fixing a faulty gas line in an exterior shed on the side of a restaurant in Kapaa.
Officials say the fire started at about 12:56 p.m. Firefighters arrived within minutes and the fire was fully extinguished at 1:26 p.m.
The repairman sustained minor injuries, but did not require hospitalization.
Damage is estimated at $17,000.
Newly-appointed White House communications director Anthony Scaramucci has promised to contact investigators over what he says is an illegal leak of his financial disclosure form.More >>
Senate Republicans are abandoning hope of truly replacing 'Obamacare' and might settle for a much more modest 'skinny repeal.'More >>
After more than four months of testimony from over 70 witnesses and thousands of documents to review, a retired Circuit Court judge has made her recommendation that the state land board reissue a permit to allow construction of the controversial Thirty Meter Telescope project on top of Mauna Kea.More >>