Gas Leak Causes Fire in Kapaa - Hawaii News Now - KGMB and KHNL

Gas Leak Causes Fire in Kapaa

KAPAA, Kauai (KHNL) - A fire broke out Tuesday afternoon while a repairman was fixing a faulty gas line in an exterior shed on the side of a restaurant in Kapaa.

Officials say the fire started at about 12:56 p.m.  Firefighters arrived within minutes and the fire was fully extinguished at 1:26 p.m.

The repairman sustained minor injuries, but did not require hospitalization.

Damage is estimated at $17,000.

Powered by Frankly