EWA BEACH (KHNL) - A man in his 90's narrowly escapes from a burning home in Ewa Beach.
The fire was reported shortly before 2 o-clock Thursday afternoon on Fort Weaver Road.
The American Red Cross is assisting the family right now. One of the residents of the home says he does have insurance. Luckily he put his insurance papers in a fire proof place.
Investigators say the home did not have a smoke detector.
The elderly man was the only one home when the fire broke out.
Firefighters say he was sleeping. He woke up after hearing some popping and cracking.
By that time flames engulfed his home.
Luckily a group of neighbors tag-teamed to rescue the man.
Firefighters put out the flames within minutes. They say if it hadn't been for the neighbor's help, the outcome could've been worse.
Two sons lived with their 96-year-old father at the home.
They say he's doing fine and refused treatment.