The following individuals, businesses and organizations have been nominated by community members in the respective categories:
- Ocean Recreation Business (businesses that specialize in diving, snorkeling, kayaking, or other ocean-related activities): Donovan Domingo of Maui Dreams Dive Co., Nancy Emerson's Surf School, Scott Burch of Mokulua Kayak Guides, and Trilogy Excursions.
- Travel and Tourism Business (businesses that offer services to tourists, such as hotels, destination attractions, transport, etc.): Atlantis Submarines, Maui Ocean Center, and Outrigger Hotels and Resorts.
- Commercial and Retail Business (all other commercial organizations): Costco, Diamond Bakery, and Ziggy Livnat of For the Sea Productions.
- Government Agency (all federal, state, and local government agencies that do not specialize in education): Hawksbill Turtle Project of the Pacific Cooperative Studies Unit, Ulua/Papio Tagging Project of Department Of Land and Natural Resources Division of Aquatic Resources, and Senator Fred Hemmings
- Educational Institutions (organizations or individuals whose primary purpose is to offer educational services): Mike & Terri Fausnaugh, Ocean Awareness Training Certification Series, and Uncle Damien Kenison
- Non-Governmental Organizations (all non-commercial organizations or individuals representing such organizations): Alyssa Miller of Malama Maunalua, Liz Foote of Project Sea-Link, and Reef Check Hawaii.
- A special category created to recognize an individual who has devoted his / her lifetime to coral reef conservation: Dr. Jack Randall, Dr. Richard Grigg, and Dr. Sherwood Maynard