Investigators: Waikiki Bar Fire Was Arson

Justin Drane
Justin Drane

WAIKIKI (KHNL) - Honolulu authorities say Monday mornings two alarm fire at the Irish Rose Saloon on Ena Road in Waikiki was arson. Crews arrived at the Irish Rose Saloon just before 2:30 AM where a fire was burning in a storage room.

Thanks to local good Samaritans and the Honolulu Fire Department, the fire was put out quickly - in about 20 minutes. Nearby residents used nine fire extinguishers to help keep the fire under control until fire crews arrived on scene.

Justin Drane was injured breaking glass to get a fire extinguisher.

"They actually said there was somebody laying in there on the ground suffering from smoke inhalation and they were worried that he wasn't going to be able to get out and that kinda scared me a little because I didn't want to see someone get hurt or die, so I hurried."

Paramedics treated three people for smoke inhalation. Initial estimates place the damage to the saloon at $3,000 dollars.