Review the eight safety tips below to ensure that you and your family will feel more secure away from home.
1. When booking your hotel room, make sure that the room comes equipped with deadbolts and peepholes.
2. Make sure that all windows and doors are securely locked. And if your room has a balcony, make sure there is a net around it so your kids are unable to slip through.
3. Try to get a hotel that utilizes electronic keys instead of regular keys. Electronic keys are reprogrammed after each stay of a guest.
4. If your room comes with a safe, lock up your valuables. More people have access to your room than you think.
5. Locate the emergency exits in case of a fire.
6. Teach your children how to call the front desk and 911 in case of an emergency.
7. Do not mention your room number in public, you never know who is listening.
8. Just to be on the safe side, make sure your family has ID on them at all times, especially your children. Let them help make there own IDs. The essential information that should be on their ID are:
- Telephone number
- Hotel of where you are staying
- Phone number of the hotel
- Parents names
- Allergies of the child (if any)
- Age/ birth date
- Emergency contact (family or friend from home)
Keep a recent photograph of each family member in your wallet just in case you get separated. Police will want to have the most recent photograph for their records.
Safety Tips > Where to Stay with Children > Childproof Your Hotel > Vacation Babysitters
(Copyright 2002 World Choice Travel. All Rights Reserved)