KAHUKU (KHNL) - A strange odor leads to the evacuation of nearly a dozen Kahuku Intermediate and High School students Thursday afternoon.
Eleven students at the school began feeling nauseous after winds apparently blew pesticide towards the school.
One student suffered an allergic reaction and had to be taken to a hospital, while the others complained of minor symptoms.
It turns out, workers at a nearby grass farm had been spraying their crop with pesticide during the time the students felt sick.
The students evacuated their classrooms and met in a grassy area away from the fumes.